Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day +12: Too much talking

I started feeling like my cold was coming back this afternoon. I forgot to take my medicine this morning. By lunchtime, I was feeling a bit rough. By 3, I could barely stand to talk. I'd been talking most of the day and had over an hour left to go.

I started downing cough drops, but they were limited in their effectiveness. By the time I got home, it was all I could do to swallow. I have been fighting to get over this cold for the past week and a half, but not having so much success. Talking for six hours today didn't make it any easier.

I came home and fell onto the couch. I know I did this last year. I don't think I was sick, but I know I was just as tired. Just out of curiosity, I went back and read some of the posts from the first week he was gone. It helped to see how sad I was, how tired I was without any relief in sight.

I may not feel 100%, but having my husband home, here to talk to, here to hold, here to share my day with, makes everything better. I still want to crawl into bed around 5 and take a nice long nap, but I'm hanging in there. It is certainly nice not doing it alone.

This might not be the most exciting entry, but for today, it is all I can manage. Any energy I have left needs to be spent with my husband, not just typing silently at the computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment