Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 184: Day off

This was a much needed three day weekend since I have been struggling with the flu all week. I stayed home Monday, but pushed through and was at school the rest of the week. At least I think it must be the flu since the antibiotic doesn't seem to be helping. I actually got worse Saturday and spent the entire day coughing and hacking, but felt a little stronger yesterday and still better today, but my body has just been beat down this year and I am struggling to recover. I am still dreaming of the day I can breathe through my nose again.

The house needed cleaning and I had some chores to get done. Luckily, I was feeling well enough I didn't have to nap when the baby took her long afternoon naps and was able to take care of some chores while she slept. It is amazing to me how less frazzled I can feel after taking a few hours to get some things under control. I paid all our bills and worked out our budget for the next month including some mad money for R&R. I sent off receipts for my flex account for the last charges of 2010. I still need to print out our tax return since we have to mail it this year due to the adoption credit and have some pictures and videos to transfer from camera to computer and facebook, but those things can wait. I would like to finish unpacking all the boxes from diapers.com and get those broken down, but I can live with a few things undone.

I got some rest and recuperated to an extent that I feel like I am able to face the coming week. My lunches are all packed for the week and breakfasts are made and ready to go. Just taking thirty minutes on Sunday afternoon to get ahead of those chores gives me some peace of mind facing the week. It is a few more minutes I don't have to take each night. It also cuts down on doing the chore. If I get everything out at once and just make four sandwiches instead of one, it takes about the same amount of time and I only have to mess with it once a week.

But, we've had a few snow days over the past couple of weeks, which means that we won't be getting another three day weekend for the rest of the year. We won't have any days off in April or May. We will come back with two weeks in March and about 9 weeks after that. It is going to be a long stretch. I hope it will go by quickly. As much as I enjoyed this three day weekend, I would have forgone this one to save one for later.

Not much else to report today, just a quiet afternoon, hoping to curl up with a good book for a few minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. We don't have anything off between now and Easter break. It is going to be a LONG stretch. They are building 7-8 snow days into our schedule next year!

    ReplyDelete