Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 196: Random Thoughts

I didn't have anything specific going on today. It was a another seemingly senseless snow day. I didn't venture out. It was cold and windy, but it didn't seem take the day off worthy.

I did get a chance to do a little bit of packing away Christmas decor and just a bit of cleaning. But it was overall a pretty slow day.

So random thoughts -

My thermostat in the living room reads 76. If it was August and said that, I would be dripping with sweat and complaining and cranking up the A/C. So why is it that I am freezing at the same temperature in February?

I was a busy person, with a full life before I had children. Now that I have one, I look back and wonder what I did with all the time I had. I could have written novels, built a boat in all the free time I used to have. My whole day feels like someone is following me undoing all the things I just finished. Oh wait, someone is. Lil Bit is a good baby, but she is still a baby and loves messes and loud toys and . . .

Why do babies seem magically attracted to the one thing in a room they shouldn't touch? I can lay out a basket of toys for her to play with and she crawls under her Jumperoo to scrape the fireplace screen or under her Exersaucer to turn on the new Xbox. She knows not to tug on my computer cord, but will still do it when she thinks I am not looking. Way too smart for my good.

Why is the hardest part of doing the laundry taking the clean folded clothes and putting them away into drawers? or hanging them in the closet? I spend a lot of time folding laundry carefully, especially the baby's things. It takes five minutes to put it away, so why is it so hard to motivate myself to do it. The same thing can be said for the dishes. I will wash them, scrub them but won't take the two minutes to put them into the cabinets.

Why do pairs of socks go into the laundry and one random sock gets lost at least once a month? and why is it always my sock that is missing, but I can find all the teeny tiny baby socks?

Why is it harder to go to bed when I am exhausted than when I am pretty well rested?

Why is it that my husband is always on chat when I have to pee? am heading to bed? or trying to finish this blog? Not sure, but gotta go. Yay for chat!!!

1 comment:

  1. haha this made me laugh! Thanks for that :)

    My fiance almost ALWAYS gets on when I am about to get in the shower, or leave for work! so irritating! haha
    Thanks for always being real in your posts, it makes me remember that I am not the only one going through this, and that I am not actually crazy :)

    ReplyDelete