Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 186: Dust, Dog hair and tea

Today, we slept in. It felt really good to sleep in, but my stuffy nose has made me really uncomfortable. I decided to suck it up and be productive. I dusted my room, the living room, the baby's room. I washed all the living room furniture from baby slime of various sources. I even vacuumed. The house is still a far way from being clean, but it is certainly much cleaner than it was in the rooms we use the most.

Lil Bit got her first tooth today, so she's been chewing and drooling. As much as I celebrate each new thing, I want to cling to her being my little baby as long as possible. Nothing makes me happier than when she climbs into my lap for a long snuggle and just smiles sweetly as we talk.

I am still fighting whatever this junk is. I have been sick for months and nothing seems to help. It is getting pretty frustrating. I am sure people are tired of me being sick, but I can't help it. I take zinc lozenges to ward it off, antibiotics and manage most days to go to work sick enough that if I were home I'd be on the couch.

Instead, I took turns on the couch and being productive. We had to call the grandmas to tell them about Lil Bit's new tooth. My mom told me to drink hot tea and honey, so I have done a pot of that. I think I am about full of tea. It did help some. I feel emotionally better with some things getting done and having two more days to rest and take care of some overdue chores.

It is all about survival around here this week. We just can't control a lot, but I can make sure that the person who meeds me the most gets the happy, fun me, even if it is pharmaceutically induced. It was kind of just a Saturday, but a decent Saturday, sleeping in until almost 10 and getting a late afternoon nap and having things done and the baby fed, changed and in her jammies.

It is amazing what really matters when you don't have energy to worry and I found enough energy for those things today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment