Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 35: Out and About

After last night's bout of loneliness, I knew I needed to change up today to fend off the blues. The baby slept in ridiculously late, past 10! I went in to check on her at 10 and couldn't wake her with some talking an gentle nudges, so I left her. I must have at least started the process because she was up about fifteen minutes later.

The movie Winnie the Pooh came out last week, but I was still too sick to consider it on Friday and then she was puny. Today, she was well rested and happy, so I decided to try it. I think she's probably still a little young to maintain her attention for a movie, but she did fairly well for most of the movie. She sat on my lap, nibbled on popcorn, and watched the screen. She even signed balloon when Christopher Robin held a balloon. I'm glad there were only a few people there all with wee ones too when she got restless and started her earsplitting screeches until I let her walk around the entrance aisle.

After the movie we ran a few errands, which can just take the steam out of you dragging a little one into the car seat, out of the car seat, into a stroller, out of the stroller, into the car seat again. We ran errands for a couple of hours. Our last errand was to mail some things and head home. She was fighting a nap and getting cranky, but I had one more thing I wanted to do.

We stopped at the meat market. Yes, the meat market. We have an old school butcher shop on the way home from the UPS store. It is one of the lovely things about Texas. Chad loves that little shop. So I went in an ordered a bag full of meat, rib-eyes, sirloins, pork chops, pork tenderloins. It was a very expensive last second errand, but as I put the meat into the freezer, I knew it was something my husband would really appreciate when he comes home.

I already started buying things for the family and welcome home party. I figure if I spread it out over the next couple of weeks, I can fill the freezer, pantry and wine rack before he comes home. Then the day before he gets home, I can fill the fridge with his favorite produce.

It isn't a big thing, but taking a few steps to prepare for his return made me feel less lonely and made it feel more real that he's coming home. Also, keeping busy all day, made the day pass much faster. It was bedtime before I knew it. A few hours of playing with Lil Bit, she is too darn smart, and she climbed up into my lap, ready to go night night.

A busy day out and about in the sunshine was just what I needed to cheer up. And tomorrow is already Thursday, the week is almost over and we're a week closer to hello!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment