Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 41: Something wrong

Monday night, I threw up after eating out, so I assumed it was food poisoning. But I've been exhausted and queasy all week.

Every time I eat, my head feels like it is in a vice and I have trouble breathing. If I'm lucky, I only feel like that for a few minutes until whatever I ate digests enough to get off my stomach.

However, today, I was not so lucky. Whatever is making me sick, took two of my meals out of me like alien from the first movie.

The baby got to watch and wonder what was happening. It was very sweet though, when I crawled back into the living room and sat on the floor, she crawled over to me and hugged me repeatedly. It was very sweet, although I'm pretty sure if what I have is contagious, she's going to get it too.

That won't be pretty. I think we're going to the doctor tomorrow. I can't risk going through the weekend getting worse. I'm trying to stomach some sprite because I'm getting dehydrated.

It isn't making anything better that the baby is doing this screaming thing when I put her down if I leave the room before she is drowsy enough. For weeks, she'll go to bed with a simple, "I love you, goodnight" and then she'll pull a drama queen stage. Last night she woke up and started fussing a little bit. Within ten minutes, she was screaming which she proceeded to do for two hours.

I was worried she was hurting or sick, but she would stop when I did something that made her happy and start again if she wasn't getting her way. She's been in her room throwing a fit off and on for 40 minutes. I'm struggling to keep down liquid and I'm dealing with a newly independent child who has started letting her temper get the better of her.

I know there is something wrong with me, but this is so out of character for her, I wonder if there is something wrong with her too. This wasn't exactly what I planned for my precious few weeks before the craziness of August with the boys and welcome home and company, family, etc. Somedays, all I got is all I got. I hate listening to her scream, but she is doing it to manipulate me since she stops the second I walk into the room. And I'm just too sick tonight to hold her while she falls asleep, which isn't the best precedent to set anyway.

Between not knowing what is wrong with me or her, I'm feeling pretty helpless and defeated. It took me two days to walk outside and get the mail and pull the trash can in. I like independence in short stints, this deployment can be over any time, really!!

No comments:

Post a Comment