Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 150: Allergies

I've been trying really hard not to let my emotions get to me, but I am also struggling with spring pollen counts. The past 24 hours have been awful. My nose isn't runny but I am so sleepy that I can't keep my eyes open, literally. This morning the baby woke up at 7 and it felt like the middle of the night. I could barely stay awake long enough to give her a few sips of her bottle.

She slept again until almost 9, but even then I felt beat up. I could barely stay awake until her nap. In fact, I fell asleep on the couch watching her play on the floor in our baby proofed living room. Then when she was ready for her nap, I went to bed and slept HARD for a few more hours. When I woke up I took a Claritin, on top of the Zyrtec and Singulair I already take, and some Excedrin to help with my headache and give me some much needed caffeine. It helped and I at least felt alive for a few hours.

So, struggling to pull myself out of sleepiness and do something productive, I graded my last stack of projects and input my report card grades while the baby finished her nap. But I still feel so wiped out. I don't know how much of my exhaustion is the busy emotional month just catching up with me, how much is depression over his leaving again, just when having him home started being so good. It is hard to know but chances are all three are culprits.

He called yesterday right when I was walking out the door to take Lil Bit to her first birthday party. I was wrapping a present, doing my hair and trying to give her a bottle. I barely had time to say I love and miss you, but I did find out that it was good he'd had his passport when he had to spend the night in Jordan due to crazy sandstorms in Kuwait. He is safe and traveling. I didn't hear from him again today, so I am guessing he was busy moving from place to place. He had about a three-four stop journey to coordinate in order to get back on duty. I would be happier if he were stuck out of the combat zone for a few more days, but no such luck.

Ugh, finalized a crazy lesson plan for tomorrow. Crazy as in actually trying to motivate my kiddos. We'll see how this works. And here it is 10:30. I have to get to bed. If I feel anything like I did today, I am going to need all the sleep I can get for tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment