Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 176: Hoops

Today, was about jumping through hoops. Chad came home on emergency leave. You aren't usually allowed to coordinate emergency leave with R&R. But I have surgery planned and the boys have spring break. If he doesn't get to stay for both, he will only get to see his boys for a few days this weekend and only get a very hectic week home with me.

Then he may not be allowed to have any R&R at all. And I would be stuck without any help after surgery. I won't be crippled, but am going to feel pretty yucky for a few days after surgery and will need some help with the baby and taking care of myself.

He tried all day to get ahold of someone here, but they weren't in their office. Today we are going to have to cross our fingers and hope for the best. If all goes well, we should be on the road toward home tonight, but we'll see. Nothing happens quickly in the army. Sometimes, nothing happens at all. I am trying to be positive that this will be one of the times the army gets it right, takes care of our family and makes this trying time as easy on my husband as possible.

Ok, hoops jumped through and we are off and running. We are hitting the road in a few minutes and will be driving for the next day or so. Hope we can stay awake! !

I will try to maintain posting in the blog during R&R, but I will have my share of distractions and busy days. If I miss a day, please forgive me. I am only going to be driving through several states, attending family functions and memorializing my father-in-law. I might be a bit busy. 

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Mort in the Breeze was just as I remembered him ;)
    God speed and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete