Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 271: Family

After doing everything for myself and by myself for so long, man, it has been wonderful to have a few days of some back up. Lil Bit traveled OK, but the new environment with all new people, new toys has just sent her into a tizzy. She doesn't want to eat or sleep. She wants to play with everyone, so getting calmed down to sleep just doesn't happen. Then the bed isn't hers and and she doesn't have her mobile or cd, so it is just not home and not her routine, so she's been fussy. Plus, she got a little stomach bug or something and has been feeling funky.

My sinus infection started getting better about day 8 of the antibiotics, but after two days without any, my body crashed again. So here I am with a few days to visit and I am sick again. Luckily my MIL has some antibiotics, but I just feel like garbage. The baby was up Wednesday night three times just screaming furiously. The first time, I got up and made her a bottle. She sucked a few ounces down and fell back to sleep after about thirty minutes. I snuggled her into bed with me so if she woke, she would feel secure. Two hours later the screaming started again. Yay! So up again on the couch with her and the bottle. Luckily my (step) father-in-law, whom I lovingly refer to as Dadve, saw me falling asleep trying to get her down and took over. In fact, he and mom-in-law took over for the rest of the night and I slept.

Being sick, I just don't sleep very well, but being able to sleep in and not have her crying every couple of hours was such a relief. And all day Thanksgiving, Lil Bit had someone's open arms to crawl into. I held her and snuggled down with her for a nap, but my mom played with her while I did stuff and MiL cooked and fed us all day. About 10, we started putting her down and MIL took over and fed and rocked her.

I don't know what it is about going home, but it is so nice to just have some people take care of me again. For a couple of days, I don't have to be mom. I get to be a daughter again for awhile. I wish I weren't sick to enjoy it more, but being able to just be sick and let the moms fuss over baby bit is pretty nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment