Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 62: Butterfly Garden

Last weekend, Lil Bit and I flew in to visit my mom, my sister and her family. She has 5 year old twins. I lived about five hours away when the twins were born and for the first year or so. I drove up a lot to help and visit my niece and nephew.

It was very hard on me when we got orders for Texas. While that was closest to his boys so what Chad needed and wanted, I was saddened by moving away. I've tried to visit once a year or twice if we can manage it, but it is hard and getting harder with the baby. Once she is old enough I have to pay for a ticket for her, I may not be able to visit as often.

Chad and I have made it a point to visit for alternating Christmas and New Year's when we do not have the boys. I make it a point to visit more when he is gone because it is easier and we don't have to balance having the boys too. I knew if I didn't get here this summer, it might be a few years before we made it again. We will have the boys at Christmas and Thanksgiving this year, next Spring Break and all next summer. Unless Allyson is a significantly better traveler in the car next year, we're just not going to drive here.

So this visit is nice. We're trying to mostly just visit, but yesterday we decided to take the kids to a butterfly habitat exhibit in Cincinnati. The baby was slightly interested in the butterflies and was kept reasonably amused. I think she will enjoy something like that more next year, but it was neat. The butterflies just fly around. Kind of makes me feel like a kid again to stare in wonder at the beautiful butterflies. They were butterflies from Brazil and some were very colorful and some were large. I enjoyed the chance to do something fun with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment