Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 75: Sleeping In

I warned you, as the summer settles into routine, I am going to struggle with topics, but I promised I would keep blogging.

This morning the baby let me truly sleep in for the first time. I had intended to go jogging, but as 7:30 became 8 and she still wasn't up, I decided to just let her sleep. If she needed that much sleep, she should be allowed to get it.

Around 9:20, I was afraid she wasn't OK and checked on her. She was breathing heavily and sleeping soundly. I laid back down for a few more minutes. She woke up at 10!

Wow, I actually got a nice night's sleep. It was kind of amazing not to need any coffee or a nap today. Funny how actually getting enough sleep can change my attitude.

She ended up taking a three hour nap too. I don't know why she was so dang sleepy today, but she was. So we didn't do much. After running 4 miles three times already this week and 2 miles another day and doing workout routines 3 days, I took today off. My knees and hips needed rest.

I am fighting sleep right now myself. It was a nice day of playing, resting. The only downside to the day was that I haven't gotten a chance to talk to my husband in days. He's managed to shoot off a very brief email but no time to call or chat. As the days wind down, it is hard not to worry.

Not much else to say tonight. I am trying not to wax political this evening. I am not promising anything about tomorrow though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment