Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 81: Lazy

Other than the Alice Cooper song "School's Out," I had this one running through my head all day yesterday as I closed up my classroom for the summer. It is the new Bruno Mars' song.  

"Today I Don't Feel Like Doing Anything
I Just Wanna Lay In My Bed
Don't Feel Like Pickin' Up My Phone
So Leave A Message At The Tone
'Cause Today I swear I'm Not Doin' Anythin'

I'm Gonna Kick My Feet Up
Then Stare At The Fan
Turn The TV On
[Just wear my pajama] Pants
Nobody's Gon' Tell Me I Can't"

I woke up to a fussing baby at 7 but despite going to bed early, was still exhausted. I was absolutely ready to spend the day in my pajama's. I had justified my laziness by talking to myself the whole way to get the baby. I had the whole summer to exercise and be productive. I could allow myself one day. But when I went outside to drop some mail in the box, the weather was so nice that I decided to take the baby for a walk and then gave the dog a bath. We were pretty lazy the rest of the day, just playing together and napping. It was a nice way to start the summer. 

We even got a chance to talk to daddy on the computer. Lil Bit was so excited! She actually talked back to him and played peek-a-boo on the video chat. I loved watching her face light up when the video came up and she saw his face. She pointed at the screen and said, "Da da." 

I wish I had been a bit more productive, but I did even take a little time to work on my novel. I have a few more things I need to get done tomorrow. But the day turned out pretty great. Lil Bit learned some new signs and we played. Just a nice lazy, mommy day. 

1 comment: