Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 339: Priorities

Lil Bit in her new jean skirt courtesy of Lisa!
Sorry guys, no real blog tonight. My Lil Bit was fussy and not feeling well. She needed me to hold her until she fell asleep. I am trying to type one handed. As soon as she is down, I am gonna lay down to get some sleep. While I can apparently stay up every night to blog, I can't function for the entire week on the lack of sleep and by Friday, I am a wreck. So tonight is part one of sleeping issues army wives have during deployment - Part One, set priorities. Taking care of yourself is pretty much gotta be #1 so you can put everyone else #1 for the rest of the day.

I will keep up the writing, but some days may be shorter than others. Bedtime is ten o'clock! Period. So gotta run, take care of yourselves today!

P.S. Everything did not get taken care of. I have packages for the boys, my FiL and Chad that need to go out and they didn't get done. I have a dryer full of my clothes that will wrinkle and need to be fluffed and the vacuum only made it out of the closet and around one room today. So I go to bed with a list of things that weigh on my mind, but am trying to do so with a clear conscience because I am only one person with two arms and a healthy need for sleep and other life sustaining things. I can only do what I can do if I am going to stay sane and happy during this deployment. I chose to run this afternoon instead of do chores. I needed that for me. I am done allowing myself to get upset about things that don't get done. If they never get done, then they weren't that important. And if my house is a mess = don't visit if it bothers you. Of course, my idea of a disaster is based on my mom's house and it was immaculate, so if some clutter and dog hair don't bother you, come on over and bring a bottle of wine and we can drown our non-priorities together.

No comments:

Post a Comment