Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 344: Cure

Today was a continuation of yesterday. I literally was almost in tears until about noon. I think the daycare teacher had to pry Lil Bit out of my arms today. I did find what might be a good cure for the blues, even if it doesn't solve my quest to find legitimate at home employment so I can stay home with my beautiful baby. She ate real food tonight and managed not to wear ALL of it!! Aww, so sweet!

So my cure for the blues is to set a goal. I always set a weight loss goal when he leaves, but that is only because we eat, drink and be merry when he is home so much that by the time he leaves, I NEED a diet!! The last deployment I trained for a half marathon. Now those of you who don't know me might wonder what kind of diet does someone need to runs half marathons, but I am not a little runner girl. I need to diet and my running is more of a jog to a walk/jog.

This year, I have Lil Bit so training for the half is just not feasible. I don't have enough time. If I can get on the treadmill for 40 minutes, I am lucky. Once the weather cools down, I might be able to run with her in the stroller but 40-60 minutes will be probably her limit there too. To train effectively for a half, I have to run 90 minutes or longer three times a week and I don't see that happening - realistically, I don't know that I even have the energy now.

So my goal (which I am keeping secret from hubby) is to work on my speed. He hates running with me because he runs SO much faster than I do. My goal is to run for 40 minutes 4-6 times a week and work on increasing how far I can go in that time frame and at what incline. Right now, I am mostly walking with a minute of running every few minutes  at a 2 incline. Today I did 2.7 miles. I have already added .10 to my distance in three days of jogging. If I can add .10 to my distance each week, I will be able to run ridiculously fast by the time Chad gets home. I don't know that my body can handle it. I may hit a plateau at some point, but to increase by one tenth of a mile a week might just be doable!


So today I cured my blues by setting a goal, realistic, who knows? But it will keep me busy trying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment