Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 237: Nada bada

Today was kind of lazy. We did some running around yesterday to a winery and a specialty coffee shop and ate a late holiday meal of turkey, au gratin potatoes, prosciutto wrapped asparagus and rolls. We did a little Zumba and called it a night. I was so wiped, but with Lil Bit being so excited about all our company, she's been staying awake too long and fights sleep like a tiny terror, so I take the getting down shift and Mil and Dadve take next shift. I am up until midnight or later most nights.

Her schedule has been so wonky. At least she sleeps well once she goes down. She just has been a bear to get to bed. It is going to take me a few weeks to get her back into the regular swing of things after all the excitement of travel and cousins and then home and grandparents, aunt, brothers and uncle dogs. I have had to stand there and pat her, rock her, rub her back until she drifted off the past two nights. I hope this isn't a trend. She's been doing so well at putting herself to sleep and being able to entertain herself when she wakes up.

Today I was up and awake before I heard her cry. I think she is getting much more sleep than I am, but heck, she needs it. She was fussy all day, took what we call crap naps, and basically screamed whenever she didn't get her way. For some babies this is normal behavior, for her to cry even the several times for a few minutes each was a lot. But other than a cranky, teething, growing baby, nothing much really happened today. Don't we all need that sometimes. I think I need more peace and quiet than most people do. I love having my family here and looked forward to it all fall, but I am still a pretty solitary person and it is hard having people and stuff everywhere. Makes me feel like I need to be straightening up, organizing, etc. I've decided it isn't that important so every time I feel the desire to do more picking up and organizing than necessary while I have a houseful, I just have a glass of wine. That seems to do the trick.

Kinda expensive, but much cheaper than therapy or a maid service. I don't mind cleaning, but I would rather spend my scarce time on other things, like you, Reader. A slow, mainly happy, lazy day. Nada was happening, but no new is good news for the next 8 months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment