Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 262: Flu

I didn't get a chance to write my blog today. I woke up with a stomach bug. There is absolutely no good way to be a mommy with the stomach flu. I felt a little better for a bit, but am feeling piqued again now.

The baby was teething and crabby all day so she cried every time I put her down or walked out of the room. No matter how sweet, precious or cute, enough whining and screeching can start to grate on anyone's nerves. Then I would pick her up, and she would snuggle into me and after a few minutes, fall asleep. I didn't have much luck putting her down to nap. She literally would wake up almost the second I put her down.

I had so much I needed to do, so much I wanted to do. I needed to pay bills, dig through a stack of receipts, work on pulling videos and photos from my computer, put together some documents for taxes, etc. Very little got done, but I managed to get done the things I had to do for tomorrow for the most part.

I don't know what I am wearing tomorrow, but at least it is clean. Even if it is in the dryer still.

Tomorrow is also my thyroid biopsy. I try to act like it is nothing, but I am starting to get nervous. I have spent a lot of time in hospitals, felt like I lost years of my life to them at one point, a story for another day, so I sometimes get nervous in them. I know it is going to hurt and I am going to have to wait for a week to get the results. I just wish I had a hand to hold.

Too tired to find any deep meaning in today, but I did get a nice long chat with my husband today. We really got to spend some wonderful time just being friends. I needed it so much after yesterday. Hearing his voice gives me such peace. I love the look on Lil Bit's face when I put the phone to her ear and she lights up. She even "talked" back to him today. Awesome.

I wish the stomach flu had a cure instead of having to run its course. This is no fun. Hopefully it is better tomorrow. It is going to be a long enough day without puking at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment