Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 264: Party time

All week I have been fighting this dreaded sinus infection/cold, I have been exhausted and Lil Bit has been not feeling her best either. And the students have been rotten and the dog is shedding and I have too much to do and not enough time to do it, but I signed up for the staff Christmas party a few weeks ago. Some of my friends are going and I have been rather secluded this year because going out is more complicated with the baby. I feel like I need to make an effort to be more social, maintain friendships, but it is so hard to leave my precious Lil Bit.

She smiles the minute she sees me in the morning and we play all evening. I just don't want to miss my special times with her. I decided to suck it up and go. One night for a couple of hours won't kill me, but it is going to be hard. I have only left her with a sitter twice, my birthday in August and for an hour Monday for a CT scan. She needs the experience as much as I do since she is doing the separation anxiety thing and really needs to be exposed to as many new, great people to love and play with her as possible.

Last night, I wrapped her in a plush polka dot blanket and snuggled her, playing peek-a-boo and covering her plump cheeks with kisses. I didn't want it to end. She is the best part of my every day. When the bell rings to end the school day, I count the seconds until I can leave. Then I feel like I am holding myself back from sprinting to her. I have to set the cruise control or I would have a hundred tickets just getting from my school to hers.

A couple of hours, with adults and adults beverages, may be just what I need before I spend the weekend playing catch up on bills, mail, paperwork, chores, and of course snuggles. I will let you know how the separation goes. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment