Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 122: UGH

I am tired of being sick. I think I've been sick almost every other week this year. I don't know what I can do to be better, but I am going to have to do something. I don't even want to say the words I'm sick anymore. I am sure people are sick of hearing me talk about it. My immune system has to be just a complete disaster. I take vitamins, try to eat healthy, try to exercise, and still I struggle.

Lil Bit has been coming home sick from school and bringing home the germs. She sucks her thumb and then sticks her fist in my mouth. I don't know if the only thing going on is Lil Bit bringing home germs from daycare or if being lonely has anything to do with it, but I had strep throat two weeks ago. Now I am coughing and living on nyquil.

It just makes my life that much harder when I have to spend my weekends physically recuperating. My evenings are shot especially when my body isn't feeling 100%. The few hours I have are the baby's and getting ready for the next school day. Saturday and Sunday are the days I depend on to get caught up on a the little things I let slide during the week. So when I end up feeling awful and struggling just to get through the necessities, I get set back two weeks.

I did do some things yesterday, but not nearly as much as I wanted and it felt like the more things I put away, the more I saw that needed doing. Luckily, I got an early text that woke me this morning. I got up and forced myself to get going first thing. At least I got the living room furniture cleaned and vacuumed the floor. I didn't nap at all today, which gave me time to upload pictures and start working on the play list for our Lil Bit's birthday party.

On a positive note, we have survived 8 months of deployment and only have four more to go! ! It has been a month since he left from R&R. And I've been a little sad, but the time is going faster being busy and taking some time to go running/walking for myself. Hopefully I feel better and can go for a run this week.

If anyone has any suggestions for staying healthy other than Vitamin C and Zinc type lozenges, please let me know. I am coughing and sniffling and my head hurts. I think I am going to lay down. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have allergies? to mold? Pollens? If you haven't been tested, I would. Do you take an antihistamine? Sinus rinse or a nettipot?

    I am allergic to cats, dogs, mold, dust. Wade is allergic to tree pollen, grass, trees, corn smutt, mold, grass and dust. So MOLD is our killer right now. Especially with the warm weather. If I have a big reaction, it turns into sinus crap.

    ReplyDelete