Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 137: Strepped down

Wow, I was fired up yesterday. Spent all night watching CNN. I haven't done that since 9/11. But watching up to the wire kept me up to midnight. Being sick anyways that was a little rough. Luckily my Lil Bit has been sleeping through the night again. For the past three nights, she went to bed early and slept all night. I am afraid it is because she is getting sick too, but if I can't prevent her from getting sick, the least I can do is take the extra sleep. She slept until 8 a.m. which was not a record, but nice.

I am still feeling pretty poorly. My throat hurts so badly that I can't swallow. I ache and feel completely beat down. The baby took three naps today. I tried to nap during two of them. I needed more of a nap than she did, I guess. I spent some time just trying to stay awake after her naps to keep an eye on her while she played.

The doctor said this was a pretty virulent case of strep and I would feel pretty sick for several days. It is frustrating that I felt better yesterday than I do today. I was hoping that I would heal as quickly as I got sick. That does not seem to be the case.

Emotionally, today was a mixture of blah and tears. My husband called but didn't have much to say. For OpSec reasons, he plays it close to the vest, but it is hard for us to stay close when he doesn't talk to me. Then I felt like a bad mom all day because I spent most of the day on the couch supervising baby play instead of interacting. I shouldn't still be contagious, but I feel so much worse than Friday, I was afraid to be too much in her face. She is coughing, running a low temp, and not eating or drinking much. If this continues, I am going to have to take her to the doctor. I just watch her play and giggle with the dog and felt like I was losing my chance to be close with her. My heart felt a little better when I said, "come get mommy" and she crawled across the floor so fast giggling the whole way until I scooped her up into my lap, but she wanted to poke her fingers in my mouth and I was too worried about her getting this horrible sore throat.

Sorry this entry is about being sick. I have been sick way too much this year, but it isn't a choice and it isn't a matter of suck it up. And I'm alone, relying on myself but I'm on strike apparently and down for the count. 

1 comment: