Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 133: Not enough hours

There just are not enough hours in the day to do even half of what I want to get done. Here it is 9:45 and I feel like I just sat down for the evening.

This was my evening. I got home around 5:15. The baby was fussy so I sat to play with her for a few minutes. I took care of a large pile of catalogs and magazines once she was playing happily. Then Lil Bit took a stroll to the corner with her Rockin Walker. She was hot and tired when we got home, so I gave her a cool bottle and a snack while my dinner was cooking. Then I ate a frozen dinner and piece of garlic bread. Feeding Lil Bit some chicken and vegetables was next. She isn't eating very well. We had about half a jar left. I got her to eat most of a pear yogurt.

Then it was time to take a green bean and carrot covered kiddo for a bath. After splashes, it was pj's and stories, rocking horse and one last bottle. Then I took her into her room and put her down, tucked her tiny zebra under her arm and went to make the coffee, pack bottles for tomorrow and make a lunch. How did that take four and a half hours?

No cleaning got accomplished. No brilliant blogging tonight. I didn't straighten up a wayward toy. I barely kept my head above the water line tonight. But I'm still paddling, it might be a dog paddle, but a week has passed since I thought I was drowning. For tonight, just not drowning feels like "WINNING"! 

1 comment:

  1. Wade went to bed about 7:00 until he was almost 2. As he gets older, his bed time creeps later and later. Some days I am just beat by the time he gets settled around 8-8:30. I imagine it will only get worse as he gets older!

    ReplyDelete