Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 306: Cheerleaders

Short entry today. Went out with some friends for dinner and stayed up all until two hanging out with a friend. I needed that so much. Just having someone to talk to and listen for the entire evening. I really don't mean to, but wow, did I take my husband being around to talk to for granted. Somehow managed to get my things for work mostly done. I will have to do some work over the weekend, but not as much as I thought.

At my darkest moment Thursday, I called my friend Kaitlin in Georgia. She is having a rough time too. She is younger than I am, but pregnant so her energy level is much different than it used to be. She is leading the educational ministry in her church and feels a lot of pressure to be all things to all people. She listened, shared her struggles and we ended the conversation wishing for a time machine where we could go back in time and just have an evening to share pizza, hanging out on the couch laughing and chatting without any other obligations, if only for a night.

I did love her self pep talk - "I made a liver today, that is all I got." She says, "I gotta keep it in perspective. I am making another person. I can't do everything people need. Sometimes I can't do anything."

I told her that is why I called, she can't feel obligated to come over or help with my laundry, all she can do from hundreds of miles away is listen and pray.

Or so I thought - she spent all day today leaving me silly messages on Facebook and left me a crazy answering machine message singing at the top of her lungs. Awesome!! Just when I felt most alone and unloved, God sends me Kaitlin. If God had a cheerleading squad, she'd be on the varsity. I have never met someone who has a better gift to make people feel appreciated and loved. I hope she takes this blog entry as my cheering for her. We all need cheerleaders sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment