Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 297: Scary

I don't know if she is psychic or could sense my exhaustion yesterday, but this morning Lil Bit woke up around 8:15 but gurgled and napped and played quietly for another hour and a half, letting me sleep until 9:45. It was LOVELY!!! Sometimes she is so good it is scary.

We don't have any big plans for Halloween. She is too little to Trick or Treat, but we plan to hand out candy with her in her costume. She is so stinking cute in her little tiger costume. I was so proud that her dad's squadron posted her picture on their facebook page.

We did get a phone call from daddy today. He sounded terrible. He is exhausted and sick. I don't know what exactly is wrong, but he tends to get sick a lot over there. Not enough sleep, different food and germs, stress tends to add up to feeling sick. Over his deployments, it seems like he and I both seem to get sick at the same time. I wonder if we just get run down from missing each other.  It certainly is hard on both of us.

This time especially, I have gotten really focused on just surviving, getting through each day, and I sometimes forget how much he is missing and how difficult it must be for him. He is spending an entire year away from his favorite . . . well, everything. Chad is completely cutoff from everything and everyone he loves AND is stressed, tired, sick, exhausted. I can't even imagine how difficult that has to be and he is sometimes in challenging situations.

I started this entry about how good our daughter is to let me sleep in and he would give anything to be snuggling with her on the couch right now. Sometimes our perspectives fail us in being fair to those around us. People close to me have sick grandmothers, fathers-in-law and are close to losing them. My life isn't what it used to be, but it is so full of wonderful moments. I have great friends, a beautiful daughter, a loving husband, and a great roof over my head. People all over this world have so much less than I do. I am really blessed and pray everyday my sweet husband will return home from a war zone.  I need to take a second here and there to remember what truly matters. Forgetting to be thankful for the blessings in your life, now that IS scary.

1 comment: