Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 207: Feeling productive

I have been unable to do much the last few weeks, and honestly will probably leave a lot of things still undone come Sunday night, but I got home to the smell of dog funk after running errands last night. I don't know what Maggie did in her kennel, but the entire house reeked like musty dog. I pulled her kennel outside and hosed it down immediately.

Luckily we're having beautiful weather here and I can leave it outside to dry for the weekend since I don't plan on kenneling the dog over the weekend. Then this morning, I jumped out of bed, took the dog outside and brushed her, of course, covering both of us in dog hair. Then quickly bathed her before the baby got fussy.

The baby was playing nicely in her crib while I scrubbed the dog who was a least cooperative if miffed at the entire process. Then I changed the baby, got her dressed for the day and gave her a bottle, made myself a bowl of cereal, fed the baby her cereal, and vacuumed the entire house. Had to enjoy that new Dyson. If you have never tried one, they are totally worth the price. I can't believe how much cleaner the carpets look. Phew, all before noon.

I still feel a bit shaky and my head is still congested. But I couldn't face the mess one more minute. Our grass is dormant in the winter and is basically like a yard full of straw, which the dog loves to roll in. She came in covered in it several times this week, leaving trails of brittle grass everywhere, which of course the baby is drawn to like a magnet. I so far have caught her before any got past the fingertips, but it was only a matter of time.

I quickly ran out of steam after a busy morning. I took a bunch of broken naps, interrupted by a phone call from my birthday boy, my husband Chad. I know he isn't a big birthday fan, but I was glad to get to talk to him and let him know how much I value him. Since the morning was so productive, I felt justified  being lazier this afternoon.

Then my Lil Bit and I played all evening. Overall, it was a decent Saturday. I just wish it wasn't over yet. There is something so freeing about Saturdays. But I think I am going to crawl into bed, snuggle in with a book, and enjoy getting a nice long night of sleep. Wow, my idea of a great Saturday night has certainly changed in the past few years. Wouldn't trade it for anything, though. Not much can compete with snuggle baby kisses. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a Dyson animal. I got it when Wade was about 5-6 months old...It was either that or new carpet. Between dog hair and all the other gunk they drag in, I had to do something. I still love my dyson! It rocks!

    ReplyDelete