Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 234: Not yet!!

Going back to work after two weeks off is always a little hard, but this break from school was a bit more busy than I generally like to be. I need peace, quiet, solitude, and if I don't get it, just don't feel very rested emotionally. My husband recharges by hunting and fishing. I recharge by just being able to relax, no make-up, no hair styling, no worrying about anyone other than me (and now Lil Bit) for a day or two, which is why most weekends are pretty solitary for me. I take one day to just crash and one day to prepare for the week ahead.

This two week break was pretty hectic or full the entire time. I had two very long travel days. I spent a week at my sister's house, which was nice but not very quiet with twin four year olds, my sister, her husband, my mom and the holidays. My second week was full of two tween boys, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, step-father-in-law, dog-in-law and more holidays and shopping and cooking and playing games, etc.

It was all fun, and I did sleep more than I do during work and easier in my own bed for the last week, but I still feel like I have to be on, social, conversant when visiting or being visited. I love being social, just not all the time. Today I had a few hours to myself, but would love another day or two to just hibernate. All of a sudden it is time to go to bed, and I don't feel ready for work. My coffee maker died today, so tomorrow may be rougher than I hoped.

I also got lots of help with Lil Bit over the break which was greatly appreciated, but I miss having our special time too. Seems like when you live this far away from everyone it is all two-sided, love the visit and help, but wish we could do it more often for fewer days at a time; love the help, but miss our routine and special times just itty bitty and mommy.

I just wish I had another day. I need another week to get done what I should have worked on over the break, but I didn't have a second to focus on school work. Grading essays - yeah, that totally didn't happen. Hopefully, I can just put the nose to the grindstone and knock them out this week. I have a lot to do. I spent months looking forward to the holidays and it went so quickly, I just wish that wishing it to last another day could make it so, but I don't foresee a snow day in our 70 degree future. Can I say Bah Humbug to going back to work?

Bah Humbug - I don wanna work, I just wanna bang on dee drums all day. Oh well, I took some time to hit the ground running, get coffee made, lunches packed, bottles ready, but I did as little as possible today so I could enjoy the last few hours of freedom and tackle any hard stuff next weekend. Which by the way, will totally be CAVE time!! Just me and my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment