Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 228: Wha happened?

Today, baby was not her usual happy self. Every time I got up from sitting right next to her or holding her, she screamed and shrieked. It was a long day. I have 100 essays to grade, a massive cedar fever headache, need to work on the video camera so I can do something with my videos that I am taking so I can share them with my honey. I need to adjust her crib, take down Christmas decorations, sleep, eat, pick up the house.

There just was no time for me today. I tried to nap when she did since she's had me up several times a night all week. If I hadn't maybe I could have gotten things done, but I needed the rest too.

Today was one of those days that missing my husband was more concrete. I needed him today. She needed her daddy too. I feel like I failed today. No amount of planning or organizing can combat exhaustion or a baby who cried and whined constantly all day. By ten o'clock, I was ready to scream myself.

I don't know how people do this. Maybe just like me, they do what they have to, spend a lot of time feeling harried and fake it a lot.

1 comment:

  1. As long as A is fed and has a clean bottom, everything else is a bonus! Rest when you can. Wade was up every night this week, too. So I napped when he napped this weekend. I needed it!

    ReplyDelete